Although I love protein bars like Quest Bars, it gets a bit expensive having them all the time! So I like to make my own stuff to knock down the price a bit, and these protein cookies are really simple to make.
WHAT YOU NEED
– 200g rolled oats
– 1 egg
– 2 bananas
– 40g cranberries (or dried fruit/nuts of choice)
– 50ml almond milk (or whatever milk you use)
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
HOW TO MAKE THEM
– measure out your oats and pop them in a mixing bowl
– mash the bananas and add them to the oats
– add the cranberries and the egg and combine
– add the protein and the milk and mix together until everything is combined
– line two baking trays with baking paper and separate mixture into cookies, the recipe makes 12 smaller cookies or 8-10 large cookies
– pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
The cookies freeze really well too, so you can make them in a large batch, pop them in the freezer, and take them out when you need them!
Also for anyone interested, the macros for each cookie (when making 12 cookies) are:
5.3g Protein, 1.9g Fat, 19.3g Carbs